Friday, November 19, 2010

'TS3': For Your Consideration Ad Campaign


Above you will find a recently-released advertisement--it is part of a "For Your Consideration" campaign by Disney, promoting Toy Story 3 for Best Picture at the Oscars.

There will be numerous more print ads like this one, in which TS3 characters re-enact scenes from films that have previously won the coveted Best Picture prize. This will hopefully convince A.M.P.A.S. voters that animation should be taken just as seriously as any other media of film.

And not only that, but they're going to be super funny. This one is. I can't wait to see other TS3 characters parodying other films...

According to Disney chairman Rich Ross, "We wanted to come up with a campaign that kept our aspirations clear but at the same time used a tongue in cheek approach."

More on the awards season as it develops...

(If you weren't aware, I have already predicted that Toy Story 3 will shatter the Oscars this year and win the Best Picture statuette.)

Source: Deadline

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm a fan of Disney movies, and I can say that Toy Story 3 is a good entry. I hope they win the Oscars. It is the first time for me to see the poster and I hope you don't ,ind if I post it on my site.

You have a good writing skills Adam! And for sure, all of those who grew up with Disney will love all of your entries. I'm glad to say that here in
Orange County, search engine optimization lead me to your site when I searched for Disney reviews. For every searches,
Orange County SEO has been very helpful to me. Thanks for sharing your blog. I'll visit you often and cross my fingers for TS3's Oscar!