Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Lots and Lots of News Links (D23 Expo, Toy Story, and More)


My apologies for not keeping up with the news lately, but I have been awfully busy. It won't happen again...

Anyways, in the week or so that news has been absent from Etc., a lot has happened when it comes to Disney. So, instead of writing an article on each piece of news which would encumber me with so much work that I'd miss new news, I will provide you with a bunch of links to other reliable and great Disney blogs. Enjoy the links. Click away...


Here are a slew of D23 links. You know, the expo in Anaheim? You might have heard of it...

  • Pixar (and therefore John Lasseter) will be present at the D23 Expo and will provide thousands of Disney fans with information all about their upcoming releases. Read about it here.
  • Blue Sky Disney has two articles about the upcoming expo. The first discusses the new, expanded, and complete schedule of the huge event in Anaheim. The second is all about the supposed planned presence of Stormtroopers at the upcoming event, suggesting a Star Tours 2.0 announcement. Very interesting...
Miscellaneous Disney (and Pixar) News...
  • The great star of Disney's original Alice comedies has recently passed away, and Jim Hill has a wonderful obituary-type article. Enjoy.
  • Jim Hill also has an article about recently registered domain names by the Walt Disney Company which would suggest a whole slew of new (and not too great) projects. Read it here, if you dare.
  • Above you will find the incredibly simple yet funny poster of the upcoming Toy Story/Toy Story 2 re-release. I sill absolutely love the idea of using the little green aliens as the mascot for the release. October had better hurry up.
  • I have always loved my iPhone, but now I love it even more now that I can play Toy Story Mania! (my favorite DCA attraction) anywhere, anytime. If you own one of Apple's little mobile gems I suggest purchasing the application from the App Store.
  • I'll finish up this set of links with a link to Cartoon Brew's article entitled "Zemeckis to ruin Yellow Submarine." As you have probably deduced already, Disney and Zemeckis plan to release a remake of the classic Beatles flick, MoCap style. Read all about it on CB right here.
Once again, sorry about the lack of news recently, but this post has brought you completely up-to-date, as will my future and prompt news articles that you'll find right here at Disney, etc.

No comments: